Confidential Close Call Reporting System - C3RS
FRA sponsors a voluntary confidential program allowing railroad carriers and their employees to report close calls. C3RS provides a safe environment for employees to report unsafe events and conditions and employees receive protection from discipline and FRA enforcement. In addition, railroads receive protection from FRA enforcement for events reported within C3RS.
- NASA acts as an independent third party and maintains data
- NASA accepts close call reports online or by mail
- 21 railroads participate in C3RS
- Over 26,000 railroad employees are eligible to report safety incidents to C3RS
- Carrier-based Peer Review Teams (PRT) are cross-functional teams that evaluate de-identified reports and make recommendations for corrective actions
Annual C3RS User Group Workshop
The next Annual C3RS User Group Workshop is tentatively scheduled for June 28 and 29 at the Steamtown National Historic Site in Scranton, PA. In the past, participants used the 2-day workshop to share best practices, network, and educate themselves on current safety trends. For more information regarding this event, please contact email@example.com.
Interested in joining C3RS? Or would you like more information? Contact the FRA C3RS Implementation Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is involved in C3RS?
FRA, National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), railroad carriers, carrier employees, labor organizations, peer review teams, and a steering committee. Find out more. Find out more.