New Jersey Transit
- What are the boundaries of the New Jersey Transit C3RS pilot project?
All New Jersey Transit owned and/or operated territory, including the Southern Tier and Pascack Valley Line (excluding Conrail and Amtrak territories not covered by C3RS).
- Will relief crews working within the boundaries be covered by the pilot project?
- Are PRT members permanent?
The union members are appointed by their respective General Chairmen. There is no requirement for periodic replacement but members have been replaced.
- What close call events are accepted by C3RS?
Event Category Example Event occurs frequently with low consequences A run through yard switch, other than main track switch, that does not result in a train accident, improper blocking, or missed repeat of NORAC Rule 241 Event with potential for high consequences Train proceeding beyond its authority in non-signal territory
- Are there conditions for receiving protection?Yes. For an employee to receive protection, the following conditions must be met:
- The employee's action or lack of action was not intended to damage carrier operations, equipment, and/or personnel.
- The employee submits a formal, written close call report to NASA within three calendar days from the date of the incident.
- The employee's carrier has an active IMOU with FRA.
- The employee violates a law, regulation, or operating rule under a direct order from a supervisor.
To view PDF files, you will need Adobe Reader®.