The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Railroad Industry Workforce Development Survey
Keywords: Technology adoption and impact, rail safety training, rail industry survey, rail education, rail industry diversity, workforce, workforce development
Technical Bulletin MP&E 18-01, Enforcement Guidance for requiring a manual reset to restart the alerter warning timing cycle, Title 49 Code of Federal Regulations Section 229.140(b)(3)
Keywords: Inspectors, Guidance, Alerters, NTSB Safety Recommendation, MP&E Compliance Manual
Abstract: To satisfy NTSB Safety Recommendation R-15-04, FRA is revising its Motor Power and Equipment Compliance Manual to emphasize the importance of enforcing compliance with existing...
To satisfy NTSB Safety Recommendation R-15-04, FRA is revising its Motor Power and Equipment Compliance Manual to emphasize the importance of enforcing compliance with existing...
Safety of Railroad Employees’ Use of Personal Electronic Devices
Keywords: safety, personal electronic devices, distraction, electronic device distraction, cell phones, secondary task, railroad employees, safety-critical railroad employees
Abstract: This report describes two studies sponsored by the Federal Railroad Administration that examined distraction from personal electronic device (PED) usage among safety-critical...
Policy and Guidance
Inventory Updating Instructions for Quiet Zones
Keywords: Quiet zone, Inventory Update, Train Horn Rule, Instructions
Forms and Templates
Self-Adaptive Scheduling Algorithm Calculator
Keywords: Self-Adaptive Scheduling Algorithm