The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Safety Advisory 2023-01; Evaluation of Policies and Procedures Related to the Use and Maintenance of Hot Bearing Wayside Detectors
Keywords: Safety Advisory, wayside detector, hot bearing
Safety Advisory 2022–02; Addressing Unintended Train Brake Release
Keywords: Safety Advisory, Brakes
NDE Methods for Corrosion Monitoring in Railroad Tank Cars
Keywords: Tank cars, corrosion, pitting, fatigue, master gauge, MG, nondestructive evaluation, NDE, ultrasonic testing, UT, Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing, PAUT, Electromagnetic Acoustic Transducers, EMAT, Backscatter X-ray imaging, 3D laser scanning metrology
Fire Test of an UN-T75 Portable Tank on a Flat Car Phase II
Keywords: Liquid natural gas, LNG, UN-T75 tank, International Organization for Standardization, ISO, tank, fire, pressure relief valve, PRV, hazardous materials, HazMat
Information Guide on Positive Train Control in 49 CFR Part 236, Subpart I
Keywords: Positive Train Control, PTC, FAQ, RSIA