The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Section 610 Periodic Review of Railroad Accidents/Incidents: Reports Classification and Investigations (49 CFR Part 225)
Keywords: economic impact
Abstract: The purpose of this document is to provide information and further details on the determination of the economic impact on small entities of 49 CFR Part 225, Railroad Accidents/...
Research and Development Strategic Plan
Keywords: strategic plan; research and development
Environmental Review Documents
Point Defiance Bypass: Appendix C: Air Quality Discipline Report
Keywords: Point Defiance Bypass: Appendix C: Air Quality Discipline Report
FRA Guide for Preparing Accident/Incident Reports
Keywords: Accident Reports, Incident Reports, Guidelines
Abstract: [From the Introduction] A railroad is required by Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) regulations at Title 49, Part 225 of the Code of Federal Regulations to use the current FRA...
FRA Approach to Managing Gap Safety
Keywords: Passenger Rail Station Gap Management Guide
Abstract: The Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) is responsible for promoting the safety of the Nation’s passenger and freight railroads. To address this responsibility, FRA develops...