The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Emergency Order No. 31, Establishing Requirements for the National Railroad Passenger Corporation
Keywords: Emergency order, Amtrak
Abstract: FRA is issuing this emergency order (EO or Order) to require that the National Railroad Passenger Corporation (Amtrak) take actions to control passenger train speed at certain...
Notice Rescinding FRA Emergency Order 18 Notice No. 1
Clarifying Amendment to the Emergency Order To Prohibit the Continued Use of Certain Railroad Tank Cars Equipped With a Truck Bolster Bearing Either (1) Association of American Railroads (AAR) Identification Number B-2410 and National Castings of Mexico (
Emergency Order Requiring Capability to Initiate Emergency Application of Air Brakes from the Head End and Rear of Trains.
Owners of Railroad Tank Cars; Modification of Emergency Order Requiring Inspection and Repair of Stub Sill Tank Cars.