The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Technical Bulletin MP&E 18-01, Enforcement Guidance for requiring a manual reset to restart the alerter warning timing cycle, Title 49 Code of Federal Regulations Section 229.140(b)(3)
Keywords: Inspectors, Guidance, Alerters, NTSB Safety Recommendation, MP&E Compliance Manual
Abstract: To satisfy NTSB Safety Recommendation R-15-04, FRA is revising its Motor Power and Equipment Compliance Manual to emphasize the importance of enforcing compliance with existing...
To satisfy NTSB Safety Recommendation R-15-04, FRA is revising its Motor Power and Equipment Compliance Manual to emphasize the importance of enforcing compliance with existing...
HMG 115 – Materials Poison by Inhalation
Keywords: Materials Poison by Inhalation, PIH Calculations
Abstract: Materials Poison by Inhalation
HMG 118 - Spray on Thermal Protection for Tank Cars
Keywords: Spray on Thermal Protection
Abstract: Inspections of Spray on Thermal Protection
HMG 116– Tank Car Overdue for Test
Keywords: Tank car test dates
Abstract: Considerations of a loaded DOT tank car overdue for test
HMG 112 - Locomotive dead-in-tow and using cabooses as riding platforms