The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Strategic Plan for the Cab Technology Integration Laboratory
Keywords: CTILWEB, CTIL, Cab Technology Integration Laboratory, strategic plan, human performance, human-centered design, simulation, human-in-the loop simulation, human factors, railroad safety, industry collaboration
Abstract: This strategic plan establishes a path to realizing the Cab Technology Integration Laboratory (CTIL) program’s vision of advancing railroad safety by using human-in-the loop...
Measuring Personal Travel and Goods Movement
Keywords: Economics, Finance, personal travel, goods movement, statistics
Abstract: The Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act (ISTEA) of 1991 established the Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS) within the U.S. Department of Transportation. This...
Notice of Funding Availability - Grade Crossings, Positive Train Control, and Passenger Rail Corridor Plans
Keywords: NOFA; notice of funding availability; PTC; Positive Train Control; Grade Crossings; Passenger Rail; Passenger Rail Corridor Plans
Abstract: Notice of Funding Avialability (NOFA) - Selected Interciity Passenger Rail Grade Crossing Improvements, Positive Train Control Implementation Projects and Passenger Rail Corridor...
Policy and Guidance
Public Law 110–432 - Rail Safety Improvement Act of 2008
Keywords: RSIA, PTC, Rail Safety
Policy and Guidance
Statement of Agency Policy Concerning Jurisdiction Over the Safety of Railroad Passenger Operations and Waivers Related to Shared Use of the Tracks of the General Railroad System by Light Rail and Conventional Equipment
Keywords: FTA, Shared use, jurisdiction, light rail, conventional equipment
Abstract: FRA and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) have jointly developed a policy concerning safety issues related to light rail transit operations that share use of the general...