- (-) Accident Investigations (4)
- (-) Employee Fatalities (1)
- (-) Conference & Workshop (10)
- (-) Emergency & Safety (20)
- (-) Public Affairs & Policy (16)
- (-) Signal and Train Control (23)
- (-) Switching Operations (14)
- (-) Risk Reduction Program (7)
- (-) Tracks & Structures (5)
- (-) Sleep Disorders (2)
Keywords: derailment; BNSF Railway Company; Saginaw, TX; human factors
Abstract: At approximately 1:30 a.m., CDT, BNSF Railway (BNSF) derailed 18 railcars in the Saginaw, Texas Yard, at Milepost (MP) 351.4 on the Ft. Worth Subdivision. The switch crew handling...
Keywords: Accident Investigations, Union Pacific
Abstract: On February 3, 2017, at approximately 8:55 p.m., CST, southbound Union Pacific Railroad (UP) Coal Train CWTCL9-01, with 2 lead locomotives, 2 distributed power locomotives at the...
Policy and Guidance
Type Approval (FRA-TA-2012-001) and System Certification for Amtrak's Incremental Train Control System
Keywords: PTCDP Type Approval
Ballast Defects and Conditions—Importance of Identification and Repair in Preventing Development of Unsafe Combinations of Track Conditions
Keywords: Safety Advisories, Track, Ballast
Abstract: FRA is issuing this safety advisory to emphasize the importance of timely repairing ballast defects and conditions on main tracks. FRA notes that ballast defects and ballast...