The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Forms and Templates
Categorical Exclusion Worksheet
Keywords: Categorical Exclusion, CE, form, template, worksheet
FRA Response to AAR-ASLRRA-APTA Emergency Waiver Request (49 CFR 240.127)
Railworthiness Directive for Certain Railroad Tank Cars Equipped with Bottom Outlet Valve Assembly and Constructed by American Railcar Industries and ACF Industries.
Abstract: On September 30, 2016, FRA issued a Railworthiness Directive (Directive or RWD) to all owners of Department of Transportation (DOT) specification 111 general purpose tank cars....
Railworthiness Directive for Railroad Tank Cars Equipped With Certain McKenzie Valve & Machining LLC Valves
Keywords: Railworthiness Directive; Hazerdous Materials; Valve; Tank Cars
Abstract: This Directive requires railroad tank car owners to replace unapproved valves currently installed in some tank cars. The valves in question are UNNR ball valves manufactured and...
Forms and Templates
Practical Risk Assessment Methodology Tool
Keywords: Safety-critical, hazard, risk assessment, base case risk, proposed case risk, cause-consequence analysis, event tree analysis, FRA Rule 49CFR-236H