The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
FRA Launches Risk Reduction Safety Program
Abstract: The U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) has issued a final rule, launching the Risk Reduction Program (RRP) to support an increasing...
The U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) has issued a final rule, launching the Risk Reduction Program (RRP) to support an increasing...
Measuring Personal Travel and Goods Movement
Keywords: Economics, Finance, personal travel, goods movement, statistics
Abstract: The Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act (ISTEA) of 1991 established the Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS) within the U.S. Department of Transportation. This...
Policy and Guidance
FEDERAL RAILROAD ADMINISTRATION GUIDANCE FOR DEVELOPING AN ATMOSPHERE-SUPPLYING EMERGENCY ESCAPE BREATHING APPARATUS PROGRAM
Abstract: This document provides guidance to railroads developing and implementing an atmosphere-supplying emergency escape breathing apparatus (EEBA) program to protect railroad employees...
Notice of Funding Availability - Grade Crossings, Positive Train Control, and Passenger Rail Corridor Plans
Keywords: NOFA; notice of funding availability; PTC; Positive Train Control; Grade Crossings; Passenger Rail; Passenger Rail Corridor Plans
Abstract: Notice of Funding Avialability (NOFA) - Selected Interciity Passenger Rail Grade Crossing Improvements, Positive Train Control Implementation Projects and Passenger Rail Corridor...
Policy and Guidance
Guidance for Completing the Categorical Exclusion Worksheet
Keywords: RRIF, Categorical Exclusion, CE, Worksheet
Abstract: Guidance for Completing the Categorical Exclusion Worksheet