The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Section 106 Program Comment for Rail ROW Appendix A: Exempted Activities List
Abstract: On August 17, 2018, the Advisory Council on Historic Preservation (ACHP) approved the final Program Comment to Exempt Consideration of Effects to Rail Properties Within Rail...
On August 17, 2018, the Advisory Council on Historic Preservation (ACHP) approved the final Program Comment to Exempt Consideration of Effects to Rail Properties Within Rail...
Transportation Technology Center (TTC) - Unmanned Aircraft Systems
Keywords: Transportation Technology Center, TTC, Unmanned Aircraft Systems, UAS
Abstract: The Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) owns the Transportation Technology Center (TTC) in Pueblo, Colorado. Since its dedication as the High Speed Ground Test Center in 1971,...
Railworthiness Directive for Certain Railroad Tank Cars Equipped with Bottom Outlet Valve Assembly and Constructed by American Railcar Industries and ACF Industries.
Abstract: On September 30, 2016, FRA issued a Railworthiness Directive (Directive or RWD) to all owners of Department of Transportation (DOT) specification 111 general purpose tank cars....
New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) Buy America Waiver Decision
Keywords: Buy America MTA PTC Positive Train Control RRIF
Notice of Funding Availability - Grade Crossings, Positive Train Control, and Passenger Rail Corridor Plans
Keywords: NOFA; notice of funding availability; PTC; Positive Train Control; Grade Crossings; Passenger Rail; Passenger Rail Corridor Plans
Abstract: Notice of Funding Avialability (NOFA) - Selected Interciity Passenger Rail Grade Crossing Improvements, Positive Train Control Implementation Projects and Passenger Rail Corridor...