The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Investigating Human-Automation Interaction and Human Error in the Locomotive Cab
Keywords: CTIL; CTILWEB; Automation; Human-Automation Interaction; Human-Computer Interaction; Human Error; Trip Optimization; Positive Train Control; Human-in-the-loop Testing
Abstract: This presentation discusses the use of the Cab Technology Interface Laboratory (CTIL) for investigating human error opportunities associated with automation in the locomotive cab...
Modeling Human-Automation Function Allocation Effectiveness in Rail
Keywords: CTIL; CTILWEB; Automation; Hybrid Cognitive Task Analysis; hierarchical task model
Abstract: Introduction of automated systems in locomotive cabs changes the scope and complexity of the human crew’s work. This research seeks to provide a methodology to design and evaluate...
Policy and Guidance
Buy America Sample Component List (List for illustration purposes only)
Keywords: Buy America, Components
Abstract: Federal Railroad Administration Buy America Sample Component List. List for illustration purposes only
Policy and Guidance
Self-Adaptive Scheduling Algorithm - Guidance
Keywords: Self-Adaptive Scheduling Algorithm
FRA Buy America and Related Requirements Webinar Presentation
Keywords: Buy America
Abstract: The topic of this technical assistance webinar was FRA Buy America requirements. The target audiences included FRA grantees and their partners. Linda Martin, FRA Senior...
The topic of this technical assistance webinar was FRA Buy America requirements. The target audiences included FRA grantees and their partners. Linda Martin, FRA Senior...
Remote, webinar, DC