The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
An Implementation Guide for Wayside Detector Systems
Keywords: Bearing temperatures, calibration, Dynamic Ratio, DR, Hot Box Detectors, HBD, Truck Hunting Detector, THD, wayside detector systems, wheel flats, Wheel Impact Load Detector, WILD, Wheel Temperature Detector, WTD
Abstract: The guide briefly reviews different wayside detector systems in North America’s rail network, including Acoustic Bearing Detectors (ABD) (Trackside Acoustic Detection System [TADS...
2015 TRB R&D Quad Charts
Keywords: quad charts; Research and Development; TRB
Cognitive Distraction & Attentional Error: Bringing Science to the Rail Industry
Keywords: CTIL; CTILWEB; Human Error; Situational Awareness; Distraction; Attention;
Abstract: Accidents in commuter rail operations point to the need for better understanding of the contributory role of operator distraction in rail safety. This presentation discusses need...
The Cab Technology Integration Lab: A Locomotive Simulator for Human Factors Research
Keywords: CTIL; CTILWEB; Safety; Research; Automation; Human-in-the-loop Testing; Human Factors Research; Human-computer interaction
Abstract: The paper describes a new human factors research capability for the US Federal Railroad Administration (FRA)—The Cab Technology Integration Laboratory (CTIL). The FRA sponsored...
Conference & Workshop
Applying a Sociotechnical Framework for Improving Safety at Highway-Railroad Grade Crossings.