The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Annual Enforcement Report
Fiscal Year 2017 Enforcement Report
Abstract: For several decades, the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) has compiled an annual civil penalty report summarizing the civil penalty claims for violations of Federal...
For several decades, the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) has compiled an annual civil penalty report summarizing the civil penalty claims for violations of Federal...
Section 106 Railway Comment for Railway Rights-of-Way
Keywords: Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act, FAST Act
Abstract: The Federal Railroad Administration hosted the fourth annual FRA Rail Program Delivery Meeting - a 1.5-day conference for grantees, railroad representatives, federal oversight...
Moving Map Displays: Using CTIL and Eye-Tracking Technologies to Measure Operator Glance Durations and Performance in Locomotive Cabs
Keywords: CTIL; CTILWEB; Automation; Distraction; Human-Error; Eye-tracking; Moving Map; iPad;
Abstract: Distraction is a growing problem in the cabs of modern locomotives. The 2008 commuter train collision at Chatsworth, CA resulting in 28 fatalities, points to the dangers of...
Investigating Human-Automation Interaction and Human Error in the Locomotive Cab
Keywords: CTIL; CTILWEB; Automation; Human-Automation Interaction; Human-Computer Interaction; Human Error; Trip Optimization; Positive Train Control; Human-in-the-loop Testing
Abstract: This presentation discusses the use of the Cab Technology Interface Laboratory (CTIL) for investigating human error opportunities associated with automation in the locomotive cab...
Modeling Human-Automation Function Allocation Effectiveness in Rail
Keywords: CTIL; CTILWEB; Automation; Hybrid Cognitive Task Analysis; hierarchical task model
Abstract: Introduction of automated systems in locomotive cabs changes the scope and complexity of the human crew’s work. This research seeks to provide a methodology to design and evaluate...