The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
An Implementation Guide for Wayside Detector Systems
Keywords: Bearing temperatures, calibration, Dynamic Ratio, DR, Hot Box Detectors, HBD, Truck Hunting Detector, THD, wayside detector systems, wheel flats, Wheel Impact Load Detector, WILD, Wheel Temperature Detector, WTD
Abstract: The guide briefly reviews different wayside detector systems in North America’s rail network, including Acoustic Bearing Detectors (ABD) (Trackside Acoustic Detection System [TADS...
FRA MP&E Training Module 4
Abstract: Internal training document for MP&E inspectors available to the industry.
Washington Union Station EIS Boards
Keywords: Washington Union Station EIS Boards
Midwest Regional Rail Initiative Executive Report
Keywords: Midwest Regional Rail Iniitiative, Executive Report, strategic assessment, next generation
Abstract: The Midwest Regional Rail Initiative is an ongoing effort to develop an expanded and improved passenger rail system in the Midwest. The sponsors of the Midwest Regional Rail...
The Midwest Regional Rail Initiative is an ongoing effort to develop an expanded and improved passenger rail system in the Midwest. The sponsors of the Midwest Regional Rail...
The National Short Line Railroad Database Project, 1996-1997
Keywords: Data and Information Technology; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
Abstract: This project is dedicated toward creating an annual information base on short line and regional railroads. Due to the ever faster changing railroad system, the value of such...