The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Grade Crossing Business Plan
Keywords: Grade Crossing, Business Plan, Trespass, Prevention, Safety
Abstract: With this plan, the FRA focuses on safety at or near highway-rail grade crossings and describes actions the agency will take over the next three years to support the...
With this plan, the FRA focuses on safety at or near highway-rail grade crossings and describes actions the agency will take over the next three years to support the...
An Implementation Guide for Wayside Detector Systems
Keywords: Bearing temperatures, calibration, Dynamic Ratio, DR, Hot Box Detectors, HBD, Truck Hunting Detector, THD, wayside detector systems, wheel flats, Wheel Impact Load Detector, WILD, Wheel Temperature Detector, WTD
Abstract: The guide briefly reviews different wayside detector systems in North America’s rail network, including Acoustic Bearing Detectors (ABD) (Trackside Acoustic Detection System [TADS...
CHSRA Letter to FRA Administrator Ronald L. Batory 3.4.19
Policy and Guidance
Public Law 110–432 - Rail Safety Improvement Act of 2008
Keywords: RSIA, PTC, Rail Safety
Policy and Guidance
Statement of Agency Policy Concerning Jurisdiction Over the Safety of Railroad Passenger Operations and Waivers Related to Shared Use of the Tracks of the General Railroad System by Light Rail and Conventional Equipment
Keywords: FTA, Shared use, jurisdiction, light rail, conventional equipment
Abstract: FRA and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) have jointly developed a policy concerning safety issues related to light rail transit operations that share use of the general...