The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Determining Bond-Slip Characteristics of Prestressing Tendons with Varying Geometries in Two Concrete Mixtures
Keywords: Track, ties, concrete, bond-slip, prestressing tendons
Abstract: Untensioned pullout tests were conducted to obtain the bond-slip characteristics of two groups of prestressing tendons used in concrete railroad tie production. The purpose of...
Untensioned pullout tests were conducted to obtain the bond-slip characteristics of two groups of prestressing tendons used in concrete railroad tie production. The purpose of...
Impact of Water on Cracked Concrete Crosstie Service Life
Keywords: Concrete crossties, water damage, center cracks, cyclic loading
Abstract: To investigate the impact of moisture on crack growth and other tie damage, UIUC researchers subjected pretensioned concrete crossties and small-scale beams to repeated loading...
To investigate the impact of moisture on crack growth and other tie damage, UIUC researchers subjected pretensioned concrete crossties and small-scale beams to repeated loading...
Quasi-Static Research Testing of Workstation Tables
Keywords: Passenger rail car, workstation tables, energy absorption, interior crashworthiness, train collision safety
Abstract: Sharma & Associates, Inc. (SA) performed quasi-static destructive loading tests on two different designs of passenger workstation tables in accordance with the requirements of...
SOFA Switching Fatality and Severe Injury Update 4th Quarter 2018
Abstract: Switching Operations Fatality Analysis (SOFA) • A voluntary, non-regulatory, railroad-safety partnership of representatives from AAR, ASLRRA, BLET, FRA, and UTU-SMART-TD • Seeks...
Data Analysis for Maintenance-of-Way Worker Fatigue
Keywords: Fatigue, work schedule, maintenance-of-way, sleep pattern, alertness, shiftwork, hours of service, biomathematical fatigue model