The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Framework for Wheel Life Model – Phase I
Keywords: Rolling contact fatigue, contact stress, crack growth, crack initiation, creep, fatigue strength, heat treatment, pearlite, wheel damage map, quenching, residual stress, S-660, shakedown, time-temperature-transformation, tread-braking
Quasi-Static Research Testing of Workstation Tables
Keywords: Passenger rail car, workstation tables, energy absorption, interior crashworthiness, train collision safety
Abstract: Sharma & Associates, Inc. (SA) performed quasi-static destructive loading tests on two different designs of passenger workstation tables in accordance with the requirements of...
Reports to Congress
National Strategy to Prevent Trespassing on Railroad Property
Abstract: Trespassing on railroad property is the leading cause of all rail-related deaths in the United States. More people are struck and killed by trains each year while trespassing –...
A Survey of Wheel/Rail Friction
Keywords: Friction, friction management, lubrication, vehicle-track interaction, wheel-rail interaction v
Abstract: Friction has a huge influence on the vehicle/track interaction and yet it remains poorly understood, its consideration an afterthought in many simulation activities. This survey...
Ground Penetrating Radar Technology Evaluation and Implementation: Phase 2
Keywords: Ground penetrating radar technology, GPR, ballast, fouling
Abstract: This report summarizes the results from Phase 2 of the ground penetrating radar (GPR) technologies evaluation performed by the Transportation Technology Center, Inc. at the...