The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Carbon Dioxide Emissions from Four Real World Inter-City Passenger Trips: A Comparison of Rail, Air, and Road Travel Modes by City Pair
Keywords: Carbon, greenhouse gas, operational emissions, transportation mode, Amtrak, climate change
Virtual Block Track Circuit Assessment
Keywords: Virtual Block Track Circuit, VBTC, Positive Train Control, PTC, Quasi-Moving Block, QMB, virtual block, VB, ConOps, direct current
Fully Scalable Train Braking Simulation Environment
Keywords: Freight Trains, Braking, Positive Train Control, Simulation Environment
On-Board Broken Rail Detection (OBRD) Research and Development
Keywords: Alternative Broken Rail and Rollout Detection, ABRRD, full-moving block, FMB, Head-of-Train-Alternative Broken Rail Detection, HOT-ABRD, Onboard Broken Rail Detection, OBRD, Positive Train Control, PTC, train control
Leveraging Connected Highway Vehicle Platooning Technology to Improve the Efficiency and Effectiveness of Train Fleeting under Moving Blocks
Keywords: Train control and communication, Positive Train Control, PTC, moving blocks, Intelligent Railroad Systems, connected vehicles, train fleeting, train platooning, adaptive cruise control, energy efficiency, line capacity