The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Training, Qualification, and Oversight for Safety-Related Railroad Employees; Compliance Guide
Abstract: Updated May 2019 Compliance Guide for 49 CFR Part 243
Reports to Congress
Industry Response to Safety Advisories
Keywords: Safety, Safety Advisories, Infrastructure
Abstract: On December 4, 2015, President Obama signed into law the Fixing America’s Surface Transportation Act (FAST Act) (Pub. L. 114-94). The FAST Act in section 11406(e), “Speed Limit...
On December 4, 2015, President Obama signed into law the Fixing America’s Surface Transportation Act (FAST Act) (Pub. L. 114-94). The FAST Act in section 11406(e), “Speed Limit...
National Rail Safety Action Plan Final Report
Abstract: This report details the Federal Railroad Administration’s (FRA) achievements in successfully completing all of the original elements of the National Rail Safety Action Plan (...
Highway Rail-Grade Crossing Safety Research: Railroad Infrastructure Trespassing Detection Systems Research
Keywords: Right of way, Trespass detection, deterrent system, Railroad bridge, Security system, Motion detectors, Infrared illuminators, central processing units
Abstract: Researchers evaluated a prototype video-based trespassing prevention system that used an attendant to warn trespassers in real time and to contact police if necessary.
Researchers evaluated a prototype video-based trespassing prevention system that used an attendant to warn trespassers in real time and to contact police if necessary.
Crashworthiness Design Modifications for Locomotive and Cab Car Anticlimbing Systems
Keywords: Crashworthiness, Anticlimbing, Collisions, Passenger rail vehicles, Freight locomotives
Abstract: This study addressed the feasibility of incorporating complete anticlimbing systems into both passenger and freight locomotives. Complete systems include pushback couplers,...