The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Automated Track Change Detection Technology for Enhanced Railroad Safety Assessment
Keywords: 3D laser triangulation, artificial intelligence, AI, deep convolutional neural networks, algorithms, change detection, safety, operational efficiency, inspection, technology-augmented human inspection
Abstract: The Rail Transportation and Engineering Center at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and Railmetrics, Inc. evaluated the use of 3D laser scanning, Deep...
The Rail Transportation and Engineering Center at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and Railmetrics, Inc. evaluated the use of 3D laser scanning, Deep...
Relationship of Inspection Methods to Ballast Degradation Models: Phase I
Keywords: Ballast, track geometry, lateral strength, lateral resistance, single tie push test, STPT, ballast condition, forecasting, track, ground penetrating radar, GPR
Smart Track: Wireless, Continuous Monitoring of Track Conditions
Keywords: Smart Track, wireless smart sensors, exception reporting, structural health monitoring
Investigation of Wheel and Rail Rolling Contact Fatigue by Using a Full-Scale Simulator
Keywords: Rolling contact fatigue, RCF, rolling contact fatigue simulator, RCFS, high-impact wheel, HIW, wheel and rail defects, wheel and rail forces
Unsaturated Characteristics of Fouled Ballast to Support In Situ Identification of Fouling Using Ground Penetrating Radar – Phase I
Keywords: Ballast stability detection technology, suction water characteristic curves, SWCC, large-scale direct shear, LSDS, ballast, fouling, track