The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Development, Fabrication and Testing of Locomotive Crashworthy Components: Base Effort
Keywords: Locomotives; rail cars; override; collision; injury; impacts
Abstract: The Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) and the John A. Volpe National Transportation Systems Center (Volpe Center) are continuing to evaluate new technologies for increasing...
Workstation Table Crashworthiness Tests
Keywords: Crashworthiness, workstation table, full-scale train-to-train test, crash energy management, crush zones, rail cars, occupant survivability, collision, injury, impacts
Abstract: This report describes results from the Option C component of a research program aimed at improving crashworthiness of passenger train workstation tables. Research conducted in the...
Collision of Amtrak Passenger Train and Norfolk Southern Freight Train—November 30, 2007, Chicago, Illinois
Keywords: Transportation, safety, collision, rail accident investigation, crashworthiness, structures, dynamics
Abstract: On November 30, 2007, an Amtrak passenger train travelling at approximately 33 mph collided with the rear of a standing freight train in Chicago, Illinois. The locomotive of the...
Collision Analysis Working Group (CAWG) Report
Keywords: Collision Analysis Working Group (CAWG) Report
Occupant Protection Experiments in Support of A Full-Scale Train-to-Train Crash Energy Management Equipment Collision Test
Keywords: Occupant protection, train-to-train, full-scale, strain gage, accelerometer, occupant configurations, head-on collision, Crash Emergency Management (CEM), Anthropomorphic Test Devices (ATDs), seat configuration loads, accelerations, displacements.
Abstract: The Federal Railroad Administration sponsored a full-scale train-to-train crash energy management (CEM) technology test that was conducted on March 23, 2006, at the Transportation...