The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Keywords: derailment; Amtrak; DuPont, WA; Cascades passenger train service; fatalities; human factors
Abstract: At 7:33 a.m., PST, southbound National Railroad Passenger Corporation (Amtrak) Passenger Train Number 501 (Train 501) derailed in an 8-degree, 22-minute, left-hand curve at...
Keywords: Accident Investigations, PTC, Metro North
Abstract: On May 18, 2017, at 4:54 p.m., EDT, westbound Metro-North Commuter Railroad Company (MNCW) commuter Train No. 1373, originating from Stamford, Connecticut, and destined for Grand...
Keywords: Accident Investigations, Union Pacific
Abstract: On February 3, 2017, at approximately 8:55 p.m., CST, southbound Union Pacific Railroad (UP) Coal Train CWTCL9-01, with 2 lead locomotives, 2 distributed power locomotives at the...
Keywords: Accident Investigations, Positive Train Control, PTC, New Jersey Transit
Abstract: On September 29, 2016, at approximately 8:38 a.m., EDT, eastbound New Jersey Transit (NJT) Train No. 1614 struck the bumper block located at the east-end of No. 5 station track,...
Conference & Workshop
Applying a Sociotechnical Framework for Improving Safety at Highway-Railroad Grade Crossings.