The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Keywords: grade crossing incident; highway-rail grade crossing collision; Union Pacific; Athens, TX; school bus
Abstract: At 4:06 p.m., CST, a Union Pacific Railroad Company (UP) westbound mixed freight train MPBLF-24 (Train 1), with 2 engines and 54 cars, collided with a southbound Athens...
Keywords: derailment; BNSF Railway Company; Saginaw, TX; human factors
Abstract: At approximately 1:30 a.m., CDT, BNSF Railway (BNSF) derailed 18 railcars in the Saginaw, Texas Yard, at Milepost (MP) 351.4 on the Ft. Worth Subdivision. The switch crew handling...
Keywords: grade crossing incident; Amtrak; Crozet, VA; fatalities
Abstract: At approximately 11:16 a.m., EST, a westbound National Passenger Railroad Corporation (Amtrak) passenger train traveling on single main track in TCS territory collided with a...
Keywords: Accident Investigations, Union Pacific,
Abstract: On June 14, 2017, at approximately 6:30 p.m., CDT, a Union Pacific Railroad (UP) freight train, MYCAS- 14, operating southwest from Villa Grove, Illinois, to St. Louis, Missouri,...
Keywords: Highway-Rail, Grade Crossing, CSX, Accident
Abstract: A northbound CSX Transportation (CSX) freight Train Q606-07 collided with a motor coach at a highway rail grade crossing on March 7, 2017, at 2:11 p.m., CST. The accident occurred...