The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Information Guide on Positive Train Control in 49 CFR Part 236, Subpart I
Keywords: Positive Train Control, PTC, FAQ, RSIA
Research Publications on Positive Train Control (PTC): January 2015-July 2018
Keywords: Research Publications on Positive Train Control (PTC)
Abstract: Research Publications on Positive Train Control (PTC)
Keywords: Accident Investigations, PTC, Metro North
Abstract: On May 18, 2017, at 4:54 p.m., EDT, westbound Metro-North Commuter Railroad Company (MNCW) commuter Train No. 1373, originating from Stamford, Connecticut, and destined for Grand...
Railroads’ Planned Timelines for Full Implementation of PTC Technology
Abstract: This graphic displays the anticipated year each railroad plans to complete implementation of PTC, as reported in the railroad’s revised PTC Implementation Plans approved as of...
Keywords: Accident Investigations, Positive Train Control, PTC, New Jersey Transit
Abstract: On September 29, 2016, at approximately 8:38 a.m., EDT, eastbound New Jersey Transit (NJT) Train No. 1614 struck the bumper block located at the east-end of No. 5 station track,...