The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Short Line Safety Institute: 2022 Systematic Review
Keywords: freight railroads, regional railroads, short line railroads, safety culture assessment, safety culture measurement, state of rail industry
Abstract: SLSI conducts an annual analysis to assess the status of safety culture in the industry. This report summarizes findings from a systematic review of the 18 SLSI Safety Culture...
SLSI conducts an annual analysis to assess the status of safety culture in the industry. This report summarizes findings from a systematic review of the 18 SLSI Safety Culture...
Automated Track Change Detection Technology for Enhanced Railroad Safety Assessment
Keywords: 3D laser triangulation, artificial intelligence, AI, deep convolutional neural networks, algorithms, change detection, safety, operational efficiency, inspection, technology-augmented human inspection
Abstract: The Rail Transportation and Engineering Center at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and Railmetrics, Inc. evaluated the use of 3D laser scanning, Deep...
The Rail Transportation and Engineering Center at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and Railmetrics, Inc. evaluated the use of 3D laser scanning, Deep...
Human-Automation Teaming in Track Inspection
Keywords: Instrumentation, human-instrumentation teaming, HAT, human-centered design, human factors, track inspection, track instrumentation
Stakeholder Perceptions of Longer Trains
Keywords: Safety, human factors, very long trains, VLT, train length, communications, in-train forces, blocked crossings, precision scheduled railroading, PSR
Railroad Bridge Inspection Using Drone-Based Digital Image Correlation
Keywords: Autonomous drone flight control, stereo digital image correlation, remote bridge inspection