The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Determining Bond-Slip Characteristics of Prestressing Tendons with Varying Geometries in Two Concrete Mixtures
Keywords: Track, ties, concrete, bond-slip, prestressing tendons
Abstract: Untensioned pullout tests were conducted to obtain the bond-slip characteristics of two groups of prestressing tendons used in concrete railroad tie production. The purpose of...
Untensioned pullout tests were conducted to obtain the bond-slip characteristics of two groups of prestressing tendons used in concrete railroad tie production. The purpose of...
Impact of Water on Cracked Concrete Crosstie Service Life
Keywords: Concrete crossties, water damage, center cracks, cyclic loading
Abstract: To investigate the impact of moisture on crack growth and other tie damage, UIUC researchers subjected pretensioned concrete crossties and small-scale beams to repeated loading...
To investigate the impact of moisture on crack growth and other tie damage, UIUC researchers subjected pretensioned concrete crossties and small-scale beams to repeated loading...
A Survey of Wheel/Rail Friction
Keywords: Friction, friction management, lubrication, vehicle-track interaction, wheel-rail interaction v
Abstract: Friction has a huge influence on the vehicle/track interaction and yet it remains poorly understood, its consideration an afterthought in many simulation activities. This survey...
Keywords: Accident Investigations, Union Pacific
Abstract: On February 3, 2017, at approximately 8:55 p.m., CST, southbound Union Pacific Railroad (UP) Coal Train CWTCL9-01, with 2 lead locomotives, 2 distributed power locomotives at the...
Evaluation of Wheel/Rail Contact Mechanics: Concepts Report
Keywords: Roller Rig, Wheel-Rail Contact Mechanics, Rail Vehicle Dynamics, Contact Patch Dynamics, Wheel Forces and Moments
Abstract: A need exists for a new test rig design with advanced sensing technologies that will allow the railroad industry and regulatory agencies to better understand the wheel-rail...