The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Full-Scale Rollover Test and Corresponding Analytical Modeling – Survivability of Top Fittings for CPC-1232 Tank Car
Keywords: Full-scale testing, fittings, protection, rollover, tank car, tank car safety, CPC-1232 car
Abstract: A full-scale rollover test was performed on a CPC-1232 tank car body to determine the survivability of the top fittings and provide a comparison to past tank car-type rollover...
A full-scale rollover test was performed on a CPC-1232 tank car body to determine the survivability of the top fittings and provide a comparison to past tank car-type rollover...
Quasi-Static Research Testing of Workstation Tables
Keywords: Passenger rail car, workstation tables, energy absorption, interior crashworthiness, train collision safety
Abstract: Sharma & Associates, Inc. (SA) performed quasi-static destructive loading tests on two different designs of passenger workstation tables in accordance with the requirements of...
Keywords: derailment; Amtrak; DuPont, WA; Cascades passenger train service; fatalities; human factors
Abstract: At 7:33 a.m., PST, southbound National Railroad Passenger Corporation (Amtrak) Passenger Train Number 501 (Train 501) derailed in an 8-degree, 22-minute, left-hand curve at...
Abdomen Impact Testing of the Hybrid III Rail Safety (H3-RS) Anthropomorphic Test Device
Keywords: Hybrid III Rail Safety, H3-RS, Anthropomorphic Test Device, ATD, workstation table, abdomen, biofidelity
Abstract: The Hybrid III Rail Safety (H3-RS) anthropomorphic test device (ATD) is a crash test dummy that was developed in the UK to evaluate abdomen and lower thorax injuries that occur...
Blunt Impact Tests of Retired Passenger Locomotive Fuel Tanks
Keywords: Passenger locomotives, fuel tanks, impact testing, finite element analysis, diesel multiple unit, DMU, impact scenarios
Abstract: The Transportation Technology Center, Inc. conducted impact tests on three locomotive fuel tanks as part of the Federal Railroad Administration’s locomotive fuel tank...