The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Highway-Rail Grade Crossing and Trespass Prevention: Compliance, Procedures, and Policies Programs Manual
Bridge Safety Standards Compliance Manual
Abstract: The Bridge Safety Standards Compliance Manual provides technical guidance to Federal bridge specialists. This manual provides guidance for enforcement of Title 49 Code of...
The Bridge Safety Standards Compliance Manual provides technical guidance to Federal bridge specialists. This manual provides guidance for enforcement of Title 49 Code of...
Keywords: Accident, Railroad Crossings, UP, Union Pacific, Grade Crossing
Abstract: On June 16, 2018, at 5:29 p.m., CST, a Union Pacific Railroad (UP) freight train (ZG4MQB 16) with 3 engines and 73 cars traveling timetable south (geographical south) collided...
Keywords: derailment; BNSF Railway Company; Saginaw, TX; human factors
Abstract: At approximately 1:30 a.m., CDT, BNSF Railway (BNSF) derailed 18 railcars in the Saginaw, Texas Yard, at Milepost (MP) 351.4 on the Ft. Worth Subdivision. The switch crew handling...
Keywords: head-on collision, Norfolk Southern, Georgetown, KY
Abstract: On Sunday, March 18, 2018, at 11:14 p.m., EDT, southbound Norfolk Southern (NS) freight train 175T817 (Train 1) passed an absolute stop signal without authority and was struck...