The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Belt Railway of Chicago Non-Operations IMOU
Abstract: Implementing Memorandum of Understanding for the Belt Railway of Chicago Non Operations crafts
Keywords: derailment; BNSF Railway Company; Saginaw, TX; human factors
Abstract: At approximately 1:30 a.m., CDT, BNSF Railway (BNSF) derailed 18 railcars in the Saginaw, Texas Yard, at Milepost (MP) 351.4 on the Ft. Worth Subdivision. The switch crew handling...
Keywords: Accident Investigations, CSX, Hazardous Materials
Abstract: On December 8, 2017, at 2:08 p.m., EST, eastbound CSX Transportation (CSX) mixed freight Train Q40407, consisting of 3 locomotives and 141 cars (66 loads/75 empties), derailed 31...
Keywords: Accident Investigations, NS, Freight Operations, Passenger Rail, Norfolk Southern Railway Company
Abstract: On Saturday, November 18, 2017, at 8:37 p.m., EST, Norfolk Southern (NS) Train U43U918 (the train) traveling east, derailed 38 cars on the NS St. Charles Branch (Pocahontas...
Keywords: Accident Investigations, BNSF
Abstract: On October 13, 2017, at approximately 5:00 p.m. MDT, a single rail car rolling uncontrolled impacted a BNSF Railway Company (BNSF) “road switcher” Freight Train R-MON8151-13I (...