The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Electronically Controlled Pneumatic Brake Device with Pneumatic Brake Emulation – Field Demonstration
Keywords: Air brake, brake controller, Car Control Device, CCD, Car ID module, Electronically Controlled Pneumatic, ECP, brakes, emergency application, end-of-train, EOT, full service application, graduated application, minimum service, graduated release, S-4200
Full-Scale Rollover Test and Corresponding Analytical Modeling – Survivability of Top Fittings for CPC-1232 Tank Car
Keywords: Full-scale testing, fittings, protection, rollover, tank car, tank car safety, CPC-1232 car
Abstract: A full-scale rollover test was performed on a CPC-1232 tank car body to determine the survivability of the top fittings and provide a comparison to past tank car-type rollover...
A full-scale rollover test was performed on a CPC-1232 tank car body to determine the survivability of the top fittings and provide a comparison to past tank car-type rollover...
Blunt Impact Tests of Retired Passenger Locomotive Fuel Tanks
Keywords: Passenger locomotives, fuel tanks, impact testing, finite element analysis, diesel multiple unit, DMU, impact scenarios
Abstract: The Transportation Technology Center, Inc. conducted impact tests on three locomotive fuel tanks as part of the Federal Railroad Administration’s locomotive fuel tank...
Force Environment Evaluation of Stub Sills on Tank Cars Using Autonomous Over-the-Road Testing of the Instrumented Tank Car
Keywords: Tank cars, stub sills, ENSCO, track geometry, measurement, load environment, operating conditions, instrumented tank cars, data collection, vertical coupler force, longitudinal coupler force
Abstract: Fractures have been observed on stub sill tank cars for many years. Undetected and unattended, these fractures can develop into a variety of tank car failures. While tank car...
Keywords: Accident Investigations, Braking Systems, Hazardous Materials, Crude-by-rail
Abstract: At 12:15 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time on Friday, June 3, 2016, a Union Pacific train, ONETU 02, transporting Bakken crude oil for U.S. Oil & Refining Company and operating on...